Email marketing is a part of digital marketing strategies. It is a method of marketing your business product and services in order to increase brand awareness. You can use email marketing to establish direct communication between you and your audience.
Email marketing is considered one of the most affordable and effective ways of marketing. Email marketing is an old digital marketing strategy, but it is still effective because it has a large number audience of around 4.2 billion it has more users as compared to many social media platforms.
According to a report, email marketing is on top of content marketing for B2C and B2B marketers. More than 85% of B2B and 75% of B2C marketers use email marketing to nurture their audience.
In this article, we will discuss some of the best email marketing tools which you can use to make your campaigns shine like a star.
Now let’s talk about some of the best email marketing tools:
Here is the list of the Top 15 Free Email Marketing tools:
- Benchmark Email
- Brevo (Formerly Sendinblue)
- Zoho Campaigns
How to choose the best email software?
We have made a list of all the necessary points to remember while selecting an email marketing tool:
- Clearly define your email marketing objectives and expectations.
- Choose email software that is simple to use and straightforward.
- Examine the features provided by each email client. Look for features like list management, adjustable templates, A/B testing, and automation.
- Investigate and select email software that has a high deliverability rate.
- Consider your current tech stack and ensure that the email program connects seamlessly with other tools you use, such as your CRM.
- Compare pricing plans and keep your budget in mind.
Let’s learn in detail about the best 15 email marketing tools:
Mailchimp is among the renowned tools in the email marketing tools arsenal. It has all the features needed to make your campaign effective and efficient. It is a free-to-use tool, but with limited features in the free plan, you will get features like email support and pre-built templates.
Here are some pros and cons:
- Mailchimp offers 1000 emails/month included in its free plan.
- You can access pre-built templates but limited.
- You will also get access to basic reporting & analytics, forms, and landing pages with the free plan.
- Can integrate with 300+ software platforms.
- Customer support is limited (30 days).
- In its free plan, you can not remove Mailchimp branding.
- The free plan does not include email scheduling and automation features.
Plans offered by Mailchimp:
- Free: 1000 emails per month
- Essentials: Free for 1 month, after a free trial ₹770/month.
- Standard: Free for 1 month; after the free trial, ₹1,150/month.
- Premium: Starts at ₹23000/month.
Overall, if you want better ROI, effective strategies, and want to expand your business. This tool can help you achieve that.
2. Benchmark Email
Benchmark is known for its responsive and amazing campaigns. With the help of its adaptable interface and pre-installed templates, you can quickly build engaging campaigns. Benchmark also offers free plans, which include features like drag and drop editor, google analytics tracking, and many more.
- 3500 emails per month are included in the free plan.
- You can get access to basic automation features.
- One of the best and easy-to-use email marketing tools.
- A Landing page builder is not included in the free plan.
Plans offered by Benchmark:
- Free: 3500 emails per month
- Lite: $8/month
- Pro: $13/month
- Enterprise: starts at $424/month
3. Brevo Previously (Sendinblue)
If you are looking for the best email marketing tool which is fully automated, then this one right here is the perfect option for you. You can send up to 300 emails per day which are included in its free plan. With the help of Brevo, you can build your customer segment on platforms like SMS, Email, and more.
- The free plan allows you to send 300 emails/day.
- Has best-automated email marketing tools.
- A/B testing is also included.
- Customer support can be better.
- The starter plan has limited features.
Plans offered by Brevo:
- Free: Up to 9000 emails per month or 300 emails a day.
- Starter: ₹1575/month
- Business: ₹4075/month
- Brevo Plus: Custom Price
Moosend is not a free email marketing tool, but it is affordable compared to other paid email marketing tools in the market. If you want to check the performance of the tool before investing in it, you can do that by taking a free trial for 30 days.
Moosend has many unique features which you can use to make your campaigns more effective and efficient. One of the excellent features of Moosend is the drag-and-drop editor.
- The price of plans is low compared to other marketing tools.
- Has a library of templates.
- A/B testing
Plans by Moosend:
- Free trial: 30 days
- Pro: starts at $7/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
5. Zoho campaigns
Zoho campaigns offer a free plan along with some paid plans. In the free plan, you are allowed to send up to 6000 emails per month, and you will also get up to 2000 contacts included in the plan.
The free plan includes signup forms, basic email templates, and general checkups. Another feature of this tool is the drag-and-drop editor. With the help of this tool, you can easily create and customize campaigns according to your needs.
Plans by Zoho:
- Free: 2000 subscribers and 6000 emails a month
- Standard: Starts at ₹180/month
- Professional: Starts at ₹258/month
Another best email marketing tool is SendPulse. It is known for providing top email marketing services. SendPulse is a multi-channel or many-channel marketing platform. Features offered by Sendpulse are email campaigns, chatbots, web push, landing pages, SMS, CRM, and more.
With the help of its drag-and-drop editor and preloaded email templates, you can make beautiful and personalized campaigns.
Some pros and cons.
- In a free plan, you can send upto 15000 email/month and up to 500 subscribers.
- You will get a landing page, 100MB of storage for images, and many more features included in the free plan.
- The free plan is good but with limited features.
- No A/B testing and segmentation option in the free plan.
Plans offered by Sendpulse:
- Free: up to 15000 emails per month and up to 500 subscribers
- Standard: starts at $6.40/month
- PRO: starts at $7.68/month
- Enterprise: starts at $10.75/month
Mailjet email editor offers a wide range of templates that are fully responsive and can be viewed on any screen without any problem, and to do this, you don’t even have to learn to code. Changing and editing things is now easy, all thanks to its drag-and-drop editor. You can quickly and effortlessly move things around.
One of the best email marketing tools with drag-and-drop features can be very helpful if used correctly, and you can customize templates according to your need and make your campaign more effective.
- The free plan allows up to 6000 mail per month and 200 mail per day.
- You can store unlimited contact in a free plan.
- You can also check the basic stats of your campaigns, like opens, clicks, and non-delivery.
- In the free plan, you can not remove the logo of Mailjet.
- Customer support is not included in the free plan.
- You will not get a segmentation option in the free plan.
Plans offered by Mailjet:
Free: up to 6000 mail per month
Essential: Starts at $15 per month
Premium: Starts at $25 per month
Custom: Price on Request
Sender is an easy-to-use, powerful, and affordable email marketing tool. If you are a beginner, I would suggest you start your email marketing journey with this tool because it has a minimalistic user interface design which makes it perfect for a beginner.
Sender also offers automation features in the free plan at no additional cost. With the help of automation, you get the ability to do multitasking. You can send emails like Birthday emails, Thank you emails and also to cart abandoners and many more.
- You will get 15000 emails per month and up to 2500 contacts included in the free plan.
- You will also get an email automation feature in the free plan.
- They have decent-looking templates but with fewer options.
- Limited integrations
Plans offered by Sender:
- Free: 15000 emails per month and up to 2500 subscriber
- Standard: Starts at $8/month
- Professional: Starts at $29/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
MailerLite is an all-in-one tool for all your email marketing needs; it has easy to use interface that you can use to make attractive campaigns and landing pages. The drag-and-drop editor makes customizing campaigns easy. The key feature of the free plan offered by Mailerlite are email automation and drag & drop builder; it also includes 10 landing pages, a signup form, and pop-ups.
You will get 12000 monthly emails and up to 1000 subscribers included in the free plan.
Pros & Cons of MailerLite:
- Perfect for those who have less than 1000 subscribers.
- You will get features like automation and builders with the free plan.
- You will only get 30 days of customer support in a free plan.
- You only have access to templates, but they are limited.
Plans offered by MailerLite:
- No cost plan: 12000 emails/month and up to 1000 subscriber
- Growing Business: $9/month
- Advance: $19/month
- Enterprise: Custom price
One of the most effective email marketing tools on the market is Hubspot. They have a variety of plans you can choose from. They have dedicated plans for individual and small teams, and they also have plans for businesses and enterprises.
In the free plan, you are allowed to send up to 2000 emails per month; the free plan also includes tools like marketing tools, sales tools, CMS tools, and more. Additionally, Facebook Messenger can also be integrated for quick replies. If you want to integrate the Google search console, you need a professional plan.
Plans offered by Hubspot:
- Free: upto 2000 email/month
- Starter: $18/month
- Professional: $800/month
- Enterprise: $3600/month
Getresponse is an easy-to-understand tool with tons of amazing features. With the help of an autoresponder, you can create an email sequence for your subscriber, and with the help of automated emails, you can set a trigger based on actions. The free plan they offer is really good for small businesses. If you have around 2000 subscribers, then this plan will be a good choice.
Let’s talk about the features they offer with the free plan:
- Website builder.
- It also includes SEO optimization tools.
- You can also connect your domain.
- A single landing page is also included.
- Drag and drop builder.
- Send up to 2500 emails/month.
Omnisend is specifically oriented toward the e-commerce sector. If you have an e-commerce business, then this email marketing tool is the right choice for you. Feature Ominsend is offering in its free plan are:
- You will get 500 emails per month, up to 500 web pushes and 60 SMS.
- A/B Testing
- Professionally designed email templates.
- Signup and pop-up forms
- You will also get unlimited segmentation
- Automation and workflow (pre-built)
- Not many free tools offer this; 24/7 email & live chat support.
No other tool offers features like this tool is offering that too at zero cost.
Plans offered by Ominsend:
- Free: 500 email/month, 60 SMS, and 500 web push
- Standard: $16 a month
- Pro: $59 a month
EmailOctopus runs using Amazon SES(Simple Email Service). It is a one-stop solution for all your email marketing needs. You can have 2500 subscribers included in the free plan, and you can also send 10,000 emails per month using its free plan. You can expand your business territory just by taking the help of giant octopus tentacles.
If we compare the free plan of email octopus with others, then it sure lacks some features, but you have another advantage, like you can send 10,000 emails a month, and that is huge.
Pros & Cons:
- Provides you reports which are available for 30 days.
- The paid plan is reasonable.
- Up to 3 landing pages
- Limited landing page builder
- You don’t have full control over your email design in a free plan.
- You can not remove the brand logo.
Plans offered by EmailOctpus:
- Free: 10,000 emails per month and up to 2500 subscribers.
- Pro: starts from $8 per month
AWeber is an old player in the email marketing tools segment. It is nearly 20 years since Aweber has been providing email marketing services. They also offer a free plan, but up to 500 subscribers and 3000 emails per month, 1 landing page, 1 email list, 1 basic template, and basic email support.
Whereas their top-paid plan includes unlimited email automation, unlimited subscribers, a full library of templates, unlimited landing pages, and advanced reporting and analytics.
Pros & Cons;
- By using drag and drop builder, you can move things around easily.
- You can also use an autoresponder to welcome new subscribers. (only in paid plan)
- You can access a library of templates. ( only in paid plan)
- You can not remove the branding of AWeber from the free plan.
- Sale tracking is not available.
- Limited template access.
Plans offered by AWeber:
- Free: 3000 emails per month and Up to 500 subscribers
- Lite: $12.50/month
- Plus: $20.00/month
- Unlimited: $899/month
Campayn’s free plan offers max 500 subscribers and up to 12500 emails per month. Same as other tools, it also has drag and drop editor that you can use to create professional-looking emails that match your website. You can also upload custom html code if you want your design.
With the help of Campayn, you can create effective and efficient campaigns. You can also import a mailing list in Campayn. Using this tool, you can build responsive emails so they will look exactly the same on any type of screen.
Plans by Campayn:
- Free: 12500 emails a month and 500 subscribers
- Basic: Starts from $19/month
- Unlimited: Starts from $39/month
How to Utilise Email Marketing Tools to Engage Your Audiences?
Email marketing tools effectively engage audiences and help build strong connections with subscribers. With the help of email marketing and its tool, you can convey your word to your audience. Let’s see how.
- Email marketing tools can help you segment your audience based on location, age, gender and other criteria. With segmentation, you can send relevant content to the right audience.
- You can share news related to your industry, or you can also share information related to your product and services.
- With the help of an email marketing tool, you can send personalised content to your subscribers.
How can Email Marketing Benefit Your Business?
The main benefit of using email marketing for your business is it provides a guaranteed return on investment (ROI). Email marketing is the oldest form of marketing; because of this, it has a large number of active users compared to other platforms.
It is the easiest and most effective way to reach your target audience as well as to build your business online presence. According to a survey, you will get around $40 on a single dollar you burn.
These were the top best free email marketing tools that you can use to make your marketing campaigns more effective and efficient. Email marketing is the oldest form of digital communication, with a very large set of audience around (4.2 billion). Take advantage of this opportunity and take your business to the next level with the help of email marketing.
Q What are the best email marketing tools?
- Benchmark Email
- Brevo (Formerly Sendinblue)
- Zoho Campaigns
Q What is the best mass email software?
The best mass email software is Brevo. Brevo is a fully automated tool for all your email marketing needs.
Q How can I send bulk emails for free?
You can send bulk emails using tools like Mailchimp, Brevo, and Sendpulse.
Q What is better than Mailchimp?
Tools better than Mailchimp are GetResponse, Hubspot, Moosend, Constant Contact, AWeber, MailerLite, and Mailjet.
Q Is email marketing still effective?
Yes, email marketing is still effective. Many businesses around the world use this marketing technique. Applying email marketing to your business can provide you with good ROI. On average, you can make $36 on every dollar you spend.
Q. What Is Email Marketing Software?
An email marketing software allows users to create personalised emails, send emails to targeted audiences and track engagement. Email marketing tools make it easier to produce content and track it.
Q. What Does Email Marketing Software Cost?
The cost of email marketing software depends on the feature you are getting with it. The average starting cost of email marketing is $10 to $50.
Q. Does CRM Software Include Email Marketing?
Some CRM software provides this feature of emailing content in the database. However, it does not have the extensive set of features that email marketing software have.
Q. What Does Email Marketing Software Typically Include?
Email marketing software typically includes features like creating content, sending and tracking those emails.
Q. How can I optimize my email marketing campaigns?
To optimize your email marketing campaigns:
- Make smaller parts of your email list depending on demographics, interests, or actions.
- Create content that is valuable, interesting, and concise. Use appealing subject lines with clear CTAs.
- Make sure that your emails are responsive and appear outstanding on mobile devices.
- Test and try different aspects such as subject lines, images, calls to action, and sending time.
- Personalised content around the preference of the subscribers.
- Test various sending times to find when your audience is most active and likely to engage with your emails.
Q. What are the most popular types of email marketing campaigns?
The most popular types of email marketing campaigns are:
- Promotional Emails
- Newsletter Emails
- Welcome Emails
- Brand Story Emails
- Abandoned Cart Emails
- Transactional Emails
- Dedicated Emails
- Sponsorship Emails
- Re-Engagement Emails
- Lead Nurturing Emails
Q. Is email marketing the same as CRM?
No, Email marketing and CRM are not the same. CRM is mainly used for contact management and does not contain tools required for email marketing.
Q. How to choose an email service provider?
To choose an email marketing software, you must clearly define your objective. Second, select an easy-to-use platform. Third, compare features and last, compare pricing.